It can be quite expensive to take your vehicle to a carwash every day. The best solution is to valet your car at home. It is an affordable option, but it is certainly not a cakewalk.
Here is a guide on how to valet your car at home with no hassle.
Interior of the Car
- Start with cleaning out all the junk from the car and necessary items such as floor mats and headrests.
- Vacuum the inside of the car thoroughly. Start with the seats and then advance to the rest of the interior.
- Use a toothbrush or cotton swabs to clean the AC vents and control panel.
- You can use a regular window cleaner and a soft cotton cloth to wipe down the windows from inside and outside.
- Once you have cleaned the inside, let it breathe for a few hours by keeping the doors open. However, make sure nothing gets inside the car, such as pests, insects, or any other small animal.
Outside of the car
- For the outside, you will need to mix some excellent quality car shampoo in lukewarm water first.
- Wipe down your car with the solution using a sponge and then give it a thorough rinse using a hose. If there are stubborn marks near the wheels or the rear side, you can use a power washer if you have one.
- Reach the difficult areas such as the hinges and sills and clean them out with a brush. These areas often get grease and grime deposit, which can be hard to remove if they settle down.
- Next comes the wheel. If they have traversed muddy and grimy streets of late, you will need a degreaser to get all the dirt off the wheels. After that, a sponge dipped in soap and water solution should do the trick.
Cleaning your car regularly not only keeps up the appearance of your car but also protects it from everyday wear and tear. Hope these tips will help you with DIY car cleaning.