The JL Audio C7 range was designed with the sole intent to produce the finest-ever automotive component speakers. No detail, material or design element was overlooked in search of a pure audio experience displaying unsurpassed levels of resolution, precision and imaging. The result comprises a 6.5″ component woofer, a 3.5″ midrange and a 1″ tweeter that all work together in perfect harmony.
Cone and Dust Cap
Vacuum-formed, mineral-filled polypropylene material offers excellent damping and low mass. The cone body features a gentle curvilinear profile to optimize response. A concave dust cap further improves high frequency behavior.
The moving assembly is suspended and damped via a linear profile spider formed from a Nomex/polycotton blend, and a positive-roll, rubber surround. The two combine to provide optimum damping without prematurely
The C7-350cm employs a high-density magnetic circuit with a high-grade, neodymium magnet, and a specially machined, U-Yoke motor topology. Motor magnetics have been precisely optimized utilizing advanced FEA tools to reduce distortion and provide linear motor force throughout the driver’s performance range.
A 36 mm (1.42 inch) diameter, overhung voice coil is employed, wound with copper-clad aluminum wire onto a fiberglass voice coil former. The oversized voice coil offers extended power handling capability, minimizing thermal compression and distortion at higher listening levels.
A purpose-engineered cast alloy basket is employed, featuring thin spokes to maximize rear open area.
With 48 dB/octave filters: 300 Hz – 6,000 Hz
With 24 dB/octave filters: 400 Hz – 5000 Hz
With 12 dB/octave filters: 500 Hz – 4000 Hz
Built in USA with Global Components
Sold individually, with a cast-alloy grille tray and a specially perforated steel grille insert.
– Speaker Type: Component Midrange
– Nominal Diameter: 3.5 in. (90 mm)
– Design Bandwidth: 300 Hz – 10 kHz
– Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohms
– Continuous Power Handling: 100W
– Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-150W
– Net Weight: 0.71 lbs. (0.32 kg)
– Driver Rear Displacement: 0.0024 cu.ft. (0.068 liters)
– Min. Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 0.014 cu.ft. (0.4 litres)
– Voice Coil Resistance (Re): 3.245 ohms
– Free Air Resonance (Fs): 156.9 Hz
– Reference Efficiency (no): 0.270%
– Efficiency @ 1W/1m: 86.5 dB SPL
– Sensitivity @ 2.83V/1m: 89.5 dB SPL
– Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.590
– Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 6.454
– Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.541
– Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 0.015 cu.ft. (0.430 liters)
– Moving Mass (Mms): 4.009 g
– Mechanical Compliance (Cms): 0.000257 m/N
– Magnetic Strength (BL): 4.66 N/A
– Effective Piston Area (Sd): 5.31 sq.in. (0.003426 sq. m)
– One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax): 1 mm