The 10TW1 also features a clever frame design that minimizes the frontal clearance required for the excursion of the driver. This is accomplished by recessing the suspension attachment surface, so that most of the forward excursion occurs within the frame’s dimensions. Thanks to this feature, the 10TW1 requires only 0.87 inches (22 mm) of frontal clearance, even with its grille installed. This allows for more efficient use of space and increased enclosure volume within a given overall depth.
Even though the 10TW1 is optimized for an enclosure much smaller than any other JL Audio ten-inch subwoofer driver, it never sounds like a big woofer struggling in a tiny box…instead, it delivers all the rich, deep, controlled bass you have come to expect from a JL Audio subwoofer system.
– Very shallow mounting depth (4.36 in / 111 mm)
– No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
– Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
– Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
– DMA-optimized motor design
– Patented “concentric tube” architecture
– Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
– Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
– Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
– Rubber surround
– Steel mesh grille included with each driver
– Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory