Usually, what follows after a terrible car accident is things getting chaotic. However, walking on the rational path by following the necessary steps can improve your condition.
With the number of car accidents on the road shooting up swiftly, the likelihood of you being involved in a roadside car accident increases too. It is vital to be well informed of the necessary procedure to follow after a disastrous accident.
A step-by-step guide is provided to educate you on how to tackle any unfortunate accidents. From personal safety to car restoration, this is all you need to know to get your life back on track after a disastrous car accident.
- Check for injuries- You must check your body for bruises and blood and detect any pain by moving your body. To check that you don’t suffer any brain injury or a concussion, try walking in a straight line. Call an ambulance immediately for any severe injuries.
- Call for help- Once you’re able to move, drive the car to the side of the road to ensure everyone’s safety. If you are unable to move it without the help of a tow truck, give a call to your known Roadside Assistance provider.
- Gather Information- Gather necessary information like the name, address, phone number, etc., of the driver and the owner. Make a note of the car’s model and number plate.
- Collect evidence- Noting down the details of the damage caused, injuries caused, etc., is highly advised.
- File a police report- Call the police to the site of the accident. If they cannot reach the scene fast enough, visit the nearest police station to file a complaint.
- File an insurance claim- Call your trusted insurance company so that they can send their experts for an inspection of the damage. After examination, they will review the necessary documents like witness statements, police reports, and the collected evidence to estimate the cost. If your insurance provider has a Network Garage for a cashless repair facility, you don’t have to worry about anything. However, if they don’t provide such a facility, you can opt for any garage for necessary repairs and ask your insurer to pay the cover.
For any assistance regarding the insurance claim, call Number Plate Clinic as the professionals there would guide you better through the process.